Due to a significant expansion of its technology base and its establishment of AudioTelligence Ltd, CEDAR Audio Ltd has two immediate vacancies for exciting and significant posts in its software and hardware research and development department. These positions offer significant scope for development in a small but very dynamic company that has led the world in its field since it was founded nearly three decades ago.
Based in the attractive village of Fulbourn with nearby shops and amenities, we offer a pleasant working environment within the Cambridge technology bubble. The corporate environment is relaxed and productive, and we offer flexible working hours to accommodate staff needs.
The company is the recipient of numerous awards including an Academy Award and two Cinema Audio Society Awards, and the successful applicants can expect to contribute to products at the forefront of film and TV production, broadcast, and live sound. They will also be involved with important developments in the fields of audio forensics and security, where CEDAR Audio has made important contributions to law enforcement and worldwide counter-terrorism.
The positions available are:
Principal Engineer (Embedded Systems)
The Principal Engineer works alongside the Software Development Manger to design and deliver the Company's product lines. This is a hands-on role with some management responsibility. We anticipate that the succesful candidate will be someone who wants to move up from a senior engineer or project leader role.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- project management of embedded systems projects
- working within the embedded systems team as team leader
- technical mentoring and line management of one or two less senior engineers
Essential skills and experience will include:
- software and hardware design and development for real-time embedded systems
- detailed engineering design for professional audio, music technology or hi-fi products
Highly desirable skills and experience will include:
- coding for dedicated DSP chips
- experience with embedded SHARC and/or ARM processors
- FPGA design (preferably Xilinx/VHDL)
- regulatory compliance including CE, EMC and RoHS
- 3D modelling and mechanical design
In addition, it will be helpful to have experience in software development for Windows and technical writing skills for which a high standard of English will be essential.
Lead Audio DSP Engineer
The Lead Audio DSP Engineer works with the software and hardware engineering teams to provide DSP algorithms and code for the Company's product lines. This role will require a pro-active individual with a high degree of autonomy and technical ability, but does not involve management or administrative responsibilities. The successful candidate is likely to have relevant academic and/or commercial experience.
- R&D of innovative audio DSP algorithms
- Coding of DSP algorithms in efficient C++
Essential skills and experience will include:
- a deep understanding of classical and statistical DSP for audio signals
- DSP algorithm research and development abilities, eg using Python or MATLAB
- knowledge of audio signals, preferably from a professional audio, music or hi-fi perspective
- excellent C++ software design and coding (preferably Windows-based)
Other desirable skills and experience will include:
- coding for embedded platforms such as ARM and/or SHARC
- knowledge of professional audio software and workflows
Salaries will depend upon relevant experience and the ability to 'hit the ground running'.
Applications and interviews
To enquire about these positions please contact Gordon Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, feel free to forward your CV directly to him on this email address or to:
CEDAR Audio Ltd
20 Home End
Interviews will commence at the beginning of August.
CEDAR Audio is the world's only company dedicated solely to audio restoration and speech enhancement for film, post-production, TV and radio broadcast, CD and DVD mastering, libraries and archives, as well as real-time audio surveillance and forensic audio investigation.
Established in 1988 following five years of research funded by the British Library National Sound Archive (BLNSA) the company is based in Cambridge, UK, and retains strong academic links with Cambridge University, itself one of the world's leading centres for digital signal processing research. The Company currently includes two Cambridge University Professors and a College Lecturer among its Directors, further strengthening its ability to remain at the forefront of its field.
CEDAR Audio is committed to furthering the science and technology of audio restoration and speech enhancement in all its forms. It not only manufactures world-leading products in these fields, but actively pursues research into new techniques in each of them.
Note to Employment Agencies: No agency calls will be accepted except by invitation.